At Kids Discovery, we believe that children should be embraced within a caring and safe environment where they can learn through play. The developing personality of each child is more evident as they grow. We make certain that our teachers take special care to watch the progress of each child and report their progress to parents. By focusing on the positive aspects of a child’s behavior, teacher promote an atmosphere that allows each child to grow at his or her own pace and develop skills that will help them realize their highest potential. Kids Discovery teachers know that a positive approach is the best approach. Using praise creates a good attitude toward learning and helps build a child’s self-esteem. Learning should be a happy, rewarding experience for the child and the teacher.
Areas That Set Us Apart
- Locally owned and operated
- Require all staff to be trained in infant child and adult CPR and First Aid
- Separate “boo boo” room for ill children waiting to be picked up
- Secured entrance with restricted access
- Closed circuit cameras that are monitored by the staff
- Emergency and inclement weather preparedness plans
- Air condition in each classroom to help prevent the spread of germs/viruses
- Telephone access in each classroom
- Restrooms in classrooms 2 and up
- Three separate playgrounds for specific age groups
- Kitchen and Cafeteria Area- USDA Guidelines are followed for all meals and snacks
- Transportation to and from local elementary schools
- Unlimited training opportunities for employees
We Give Back!
Giving back to our community is an important part of who we are. The community has supported us for over 20 years and without them we wouldn’t be where we are today.
How we’ve helped
- Relay for Life – Kids Discovery has raised money by having teams at the Fort Walton Relay for Life, Navarre Relay for Life and the Milton Relay for Life.
- Donating goodies to local nurses and doctors – Kids Discovery puts together goodie baskets for essential employees break rooms.
- Planting Trees – Our children plant trees at the facilities on Arbor Day.
- Boo at the Zoo – Kids Discovery sets up the children’s activity tent at the Gulf Breeze Zoo for Boo at the Zoo.
- Billy Bowlegs – Kids Discovery sets up and host the children’s area at the Billy Bowlegs festival and participates in the Billy Bowlegs parade.
- Military Appreciation Day – Kids Discovery sets up a booth with children’s activities during Military Appreciation Day.
- Saturday in the Park – Kids Discovery sets up a booth with children’s activities during Saturday in the Park.
- Ronald McDonald House – Kids Discovery has provided and cooked meals for the families who are staying at the Ronald McDonald House. We collect and donate aluminum pop tops to the Ronald McDonald House.
- Local Sports – Kids Discovery has sponsored many local youths sport teams from Fort Walton Beach to Gulf Breeze.